POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : This year's most ARROGANT email : Re: This year's most ARROGANT email Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This year's most ARROGANT email
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 17 Sep 1998 15:47:47
Message: <36015953.0@news.povray.org>
In article <3602fde1.47561389@news.povray.org> , new### [at] DESPAMpovrayorg
(povray.org admin team) wrote:

>From time to time we of the POV-Team get bug reports or complaints that are
>downright rude and sometimes also insulting. Today we received this doozy which
>has to rate as one of the most rude and insulting emails we can recall
>receiving this year.
>
>First, a bit of background : 'true' English (i.e. the English language as the
>English themselves spell it) uses the 'z' less often than American English.
>Words such as 'minimised', 'optimised', etc, are spelt just like that - with an
>'s' instead of a 'z' (e.g. not 'minimized' or 'optimized').

[.....]

>From: "Jason Barlow" <jas### [at] xmissioncom>
>To: <win### [at] povrayorg>
>Subject: Minor Bug...
>Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 01:03:02 -0600
>
>[request for the following 'bug' to be fixed in version 3.1 deleted]
>
>Whoever is writing  the string/menu resources for  the Windows version is not
>very adept with words like optimized, minimized, or customized...all of which
>are misspelled: optimised, minimised, and customised in POVray. Bad spelling
>is just one of those things that detracts from the professionalism of the
>product and makes users question the intelligence of the authors.
>
>[rest of email deleted]

>He's questioning _our_ intelligence ... ? ;)
>
>-- POV-Ray Webmaster

Education and knowledge are gifts and not all people have these gifts :-(
And thinking before writing is another "gift" this person does not have. BUT he should
have!!! After all POV-Ray is *FREE* and there is *NO* justification for such an
assault!

Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany